Deals Strategy Associate - 2020 Intake
15 Aug 2019
PricewaterhouseCoopers (doing business as PwC) is a multinational professional services network with headquarters in London, United Kingdom. PwC ranks as the second largest professional services firm in the world and is one of the Big Four auditors, along with Deloitte, EY and KPMG.
Job Description & Summary
Our Deals Strategy team covers services spanning the entire deal continuum. From market entry, corporate strategy formulation to deal origination, due diligence (commercial & operational as well as financial) and through to post deal integration and exit.
We have a core team of dedicated professionals based in Singapore, further strengthened by a regional network across South East Asia. Our team focuses on three core areas:
1) Commercial due diligence and M&A strategy
2) Growth/ Corporate strategy (US, European, Japanese, local corporates looking to expand into the region)
3) Government strategy (typically longer term strategy studies, looking at how other countries compare to Singapore and how Government can better interact with the private sector and learn from these benchmarks)
Note: You will need to do an 8 - 10 week year-end internship (December to January/February) to be assessed for a Graduate position in our Deals Strategy team.
We are looking for suitable candidates to fill our Associate positions for 2020 intake.
• You will collaborate with a strong and rapidly-growing team of strategy professionals (one of the most established strategy teams among professional services firms in Singapore), amidst an environment of camaraderie and entrepreneurial growth
• You will gain extensive training through project work across multiple industries aimed at developing analytical skills and business acumen
• You will integrate into the global PwC Strategy and Deals network, including Strategy& (our acquisition of Booz & Co; this demonstrates PwC's commitment and investment in building top-tier strategy expertise)
• You will work in a fast-paced environment, with the nature of our projects often being shorter in length, high intensity, and involve dealing with senior-level clients. We tend to do less long-term, operational-type projects based at the client site, away from home
• You will gain an exceptional mix of experiences and opportunities spanning corporate strategy, the deal market and government strategy
• You will have huge opportunities for accelerated personal and professional growth, and a long term (global) career at PwC
Applications closes: 30 Aug
No more psychometric tests! You will receive a test link to play a series of engaging and fun online games that will assess cognitive, behavioural and emotional traits and giving us a little more insight into you as a person and where you’ll thrive the most in our business. Please ensure you complete it within 2 days. After you’ve completed it you’ll also receive a traits report so you can learn more about yourself as well.
Suitable candidates will receive invitation to PwC’s Assessment day by end Sept where you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in our culture, learn more about what we do and discover where your passions and skills may fit!
• Please note we accept one application per candidate. We recommend that you apply to your preferred position that closely aligns with your skills, passions and interests.
• PDF both your resume and degree audit before uploading it in Workday. The system will auto-populate the information from your resume.
• You can indicate another role in the same application form. Duplicate entries will slow down your application with us.
• Final year student from any discipline from reputable local universities
• Excellent academic (2nd upper and above) and co-curricular achievement record
• Highly motivated to do deals strategy work
• Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
• Results-oriented and a self-starter who is resourceful, possess strong business acumen and the ability to think laterally and outside the box
• Ability to work independently and effectively under pressure and be highly adaptable in a dynamic environment
• Effective team member with strong inter-personal skills
• Fluency in other languages will be an added advantage
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?