AVP Server and Storage Infrastructure - IT Infrastructure Delivery
15 Nov 2019
HSBC Holdings plc is a British multinational investment bank and financial services holding company. It was the 7th largest bank in the world by 2018, and the largest in Europe, with total assets of US$2.558 trillion (as of December 2018). HSBC traces its origin to a hong in Hong Kong, and its present form was established in London by the Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation to act as a new group holding company in 1991. The origins of the bank lie mainly in Hong Kong and to a lesser extent in Shanghai, where branches were first opened in 1865. The HSBC name is derived from the initials of the Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation.The company was first formally incorporated in 1866.HSBC has around 3,900 offices in 67 countries and territories across Africa, Asia, Oceania, Europe, North America, and South America, and around 38 million customers.As of 2014, it was the world's sixth-largest public company, according to a composite measure by Forbes magazine.
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential.
Our IT Infrastructure Delivery teams, together with the rest of our Technology organisation, are on a journey to transform the world’s leading international bank. We manage critical hardware and systems for HSBC employees and customers such as middleware and databases, data centers, voice and data networks, ATMs, computers and other devices. Our global teams make an impact from wherever they are based, be it in our offices, branches or technology centers around the world.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as an AVP Server and Storage Infrastructure.
• With the global nature of IT services, apart from managing relationship locally, the job holder establishes relationships with various teams across offshore centers
• Enterprise and Telecommunication Services implements and maintains all Data, Voice, Servers and Storage infrastructure supporting the business in Singapore.
• The role holder is an Enterprise member of Enterprise and Telecommunication Services team supporting server, storage and virtualization infrastructure.
• You provide consultancy and support on enterprise infrastructure matters to various IT and business projects.
• You will implement and maintain a cost effective and robust enterprise infrastructure in line with Group Enterprise Services standards.
• Managing IT vendors and contractors on tasks to perform and closely track the relocation work.
• Ensure that all server and storage equipment are inventoried and properly accounted for by maintaining an inventory list and ensure that the list corresponds to the physical equipment purchased.
• Understand and interpret complex business and Enterprise requirements to deliver effective solutions.
• Support a consultancy based business partnership model to extract greater value of Enterprise and Telecom Services with internal stakeholders.
• Tertiary level education. Knowledgeable and skillful in broad range of enterprise IT infrastructure technology.
• Experience in the IT industry with significant part in Windows Servers, RHEL, NAS, VMware.
• Experience in SQL, MQ, CE or other middleware will be advantageous
• This role seeks a good team player with strong technical knowledge to implement and support a complex enterprise IT infrastructure.
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?