Global Marketing and Technology Agency
Data Scientist ( Data &Analytics)
21 May 2019
Digitas is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to make bold, award-winning marketing. We use data-driven insights to guide our work, but we also believe in a healthy dose of spirited storytelling as we strive to transform the marketing landscape.
As part of Data & Analytics (DNA) our Data Science teams develop industry-leading analytic solutions for clients across industries, channels, and business functions. We apply a bespoke and cutting-edge arsenal of statistical, analytical and computing techniques to complex data problems at scale, with the emphasis on game-changing - and measurable - business impact. We work in close collaboration with colleagues across all agency disciplines to develop truly innovative, highly effective, data-powered solutions for our clients.
We’re looking for an outstanding Data Scientist – an intellectually curious and creative problem solver who is willing to tackle the familiar and unfamiliar of all things data, including methods, technologies and applications.
As Data Scientist, you’ll address complex marketing and business challenges—from cross-channel media and customer experience optimization to segmentation, targeting and business strategy—by accessing, integrating, manipulating, mining and modeling a wide array of data sources.
The role maintains a primary responsibility in Singapore. The role will also support and be supported by the network as part of the Publics Spine global data community.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Conducting exploratory analysis to identify relevant insights and useful transformations.
• Using distributed computing systems to access and manipulate big data sources.
• Applying quantitative techniques to uncover latent patterns in the data.
• Testing scalable data pipelines or models for real-time applications.
• Ensuring that analytic tasks and results meet established objectives and timelines.
• Translating marketing and business questions into data queries.
• Interpreting data, analytical results and visuals to generate conclusions and recommendations
• Sharing knowledge and conducting research to advance the collective knowledge and skills of our Data Science practice.
We’re looking for rigorous analytic training and relevant research, internship or entry-level experience, which typically includes: • A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, econometrics, operations research, data science, computer science, engineering, marketing or social science methods. • Hands-on experience analyzing data for patterns and insights. • Hands-on experience running basic statistical or machine learning procedures, such as descriptive statistics, hypothesis testing, supervised or unsupervised learning. • Hands-on experience with Python or R. Familiarity with SQL, Linux, and/or distributed computing systems such as Hadoop or AWS preferred. • Demonstrated interest in marketing analytic applications • Demonstrated self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment with limited structure.
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?