17 Jun 2019 Employer Description
Dell is an American multinational computer technology company based in Round Rock, Texas, United States, that develops, sells, repairs, and supports computers and related products and services. Named after its founder, Michael Dell, the company is one of the largest technological corporations in the world, employing more than 103,300 people in the U.S. and around the world.
Roles and responsibilities
• Provide data science services and work with stakeholders to assess demands and suggest data science methods that provide practical, value-added answers for the company.
• Comfortable with or are highly motivated to learn and apply database tools and statistical predictive models by analyzing large datasets with a variety of tools (R, Python, SQL, Microstrategy, Microsoft PowerBI and Tableau)
• Develop and deliver data science solutions to further advance Dell’s competitiveness in the areas of global supply chain and operations
• Passionate about asking and answering questions in large datasets and have a strong desire to create strategies and solutions that challenge and expand the thinking of everyone around you.
• Deep dive into data to find answers to yet unknown questions and have a natural desire to go beneath the surface of a problem.
• Ask relevant questions and possess the skills to build algorithms necessary to find meaningful answers.
• Possess ability to think strategically about how to use data to drive competitive advantages.
• Creatively visualize and effectively communicate data findings and insights in a variety of formats.
The position offers
• Opportunity to drive cutting-edge strategies and digital solutions for one of the industry’s most respected supply chain
• Access and interaction with executive leadership team at a Fortune 50 company
• Opportunity to work with a highly motivated team that invests in your development
• A commitment to diversity and inclusion
• Competitive compensation including bonus plans and a great benefit package
• Exciting internal career opportunities to different roles
• MS or higher in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, or Data Sciences (or equivalent experience)
• Advanced knowledge of statistics utilizing statistical programming languages (R, Python, etc.)
• BI, Data Mining, Machine Learning experience
• Experienced in data management and building packages
• Experience with measuring and maintaining data quality
• Proficient in SQL
• Prefer to have advanced knowledge of Microsoft BI Stack or Pivotal Stack
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?